How can I obtain a Concealed Pistol License?
To apply for a Concealed Pistol License (CPL) in the State of Michigan as of July 1, 2001, you must be a Michigan resident 21 years of age or older, have been a state resident for at least six months, have no criminal history, and be in good mental health, in addition to several other requirements. CPL application kits are available at the Police Department Records Bureau during normal business hours and may be available after hours and weekends through the front desk, subject to application kit availability. The application kits are free of charge.

Applicants who receive a CPL permit may now use it to purchase a hand gun and will no longer be required to obtain a separate purchase permit, as long as their CPL remains valid.
Applicants will then have to take the completed CPL application to the Oakland County Sheriff's Office for processing. The fees for this service are set by law. For more information about the changes in the law and your individual requirements, please see the Michigan State Police CPL page.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a permit to purchase a hand gun?
2. How can I obtain a Concealed Pistol License?
3. How do I get a copy of a police report?
4. How can I get information on employment with the Waterford Township Police?
5. How can I obtain a Personal Protection Order (PPO)?
6. How can I ensure my children's safety on the Internet?
7. When can I retrieve my property from the Waterford Police Department?
8. When can I have my fingerprints taken for employment purposes or get a DNA test?
9. Where can I pay for a traffic ticket?
10. When should I call 911?