Waterford Township Public Library - Lobby Now Open!
Library Circulation Lobby Now Open
We are now in Phase 3 of our reopening plan which is opening for in-person service on a limited basis – Circulation Lobby only. Due to capacity limit of 10 persons, including staff, patrons are asked to visit the Library quickly and efficiently.
Here’s what can you expect.
Contactless services continue with
- New service hours:
- Monday through Thursday, 10:00a-10:30a - Vulnerable Visitors, e.g. age 60+, pregnant women, chronic health conditions
- Monday through Thursday, 10:30a – 9:00p and Saturday, 10:00a-5:00p – General public
- Sunday hours suspended for the duration of COVID-19 protocols
- Masks are required inside the Library per Township policy (based on Executive Order). Disposable masks will be available for patrons who arrive without their own masks.
- Access limited to the Circulation Lobby only for
- Returning – in entryway for quarantine purposes
- Renew loan and Pick up/Check out holds
- Self-service photocopying (coin or $1 bills only)
- Getting or renewing a library card
- Resolving issues with library accounts
- Public access computers (total of 3). Session – 45 minutes, maximum 90 minutes/day. Preference given to Waterford and Lake Angelus cardholders. Appointments recommended. Printing: 10 pages maximum, no charge. NOTE: All computers are fully self-service at this time. Due to social distancing requirements, staff are NOT able to provide any form of hands-on computer assistance.
- Reference service, including librarians pulling items from the collection for checkout. (Book stacks closed to the public.)
- ACCESS TO FAMILY RESTROOM ONLY.
- Social distancing and all safety guidelines will be followed.
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting of all high touch areas will be conducted.
1,000 Books before Kindergarten
- Curbside Pick-up service, Monday through Thursday, 11:00a-6:00p and Saturday, 12:00p-5:00p
- Staff are available to answer your calls (248-674-4831)/emails (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) Monday through Thursday, 10:00a-9:00p and Saturday, 10:00a-5:00p.
- The exterior book returns are open. Materials returned continue to be quarantined for 96 hours before they are discharged from your account. Overdue fines are suspended until further notice.
For children, infant to 5 years. We are a participating library in this early literacy program. You can participate online using phone apps for either iPhone or Android. Search under 1000 Books before Kindergarten. Read to your young child. For every 100 books that you read together, we will put your child’s name on our “Wall of Fame.” Once the Library reopens, your child can pick out a book to keep. Reach the 1,000-book milestone and get a book bag.Introducing Library Grab Bag Service
Looking for something new to read, listen to, or watch but don’t know what to choose next? Do you miss browsing the Library’s shelves in the hopes of discovering something unexpected? You could try a Grab Bag!
Library Grab Bags contain a random assortment of titles that staff grab from the shelves based on your selections in the form below. When possible, each Grab Bag will contain an item from the library’s new collections. Simply fill out the form on our website, http://waterfordmi.gov/library
, Library Grab Bags on the Services drop-down menu. We will call you when your bag is ready to pick up at curbside! Please allow 2-3 business days for Grab Bags to be prepared.
Feel free to submit multiple grab bag requests for different formats or age levels! And don’t worry, you don’t have to read or watch everything in the bag!Teens – Online Learning Help
Are you looking for
- online resources that can be useful you navigate remote learning?
- homework help from live tutors?
- practice tests for the GED, SAT, or ACT?
Check out https://www.waterfordmi.gov/Online-Learning on the library’s website. There are dozens of links to help with your school work.
What! You don’t have a library card yet?
Now you can apply for a library card online. Information on eligibility and the range of materials, including downloadable eContent, are on this webpage: https://www.waterfordmi.gov/532/Library-Cards along with a link to the online application form. Or, you can drop by the library to get your card. IT’S FREE.
The Library will experience an extend closure Friday, October 9 - Monday, October 12 to complete parking lot seal-coating. Operations resume Tuesday, October 13 at 10 a.m.