My taxes are too high. How can I reduce the taxes?
The first thing you should do is talk to the Assessor about the valuation on your property. You can also check the appraisal records at Township Hall to make sure all components of the property are correct. If you wish to proceed at this point, you must make an appointment with the March Board of Review to lodge an appeal. For further information, contact the Assessing Department at 248-674-6270.

Show All Answers

1. When are property tax payments due?
2. What should I do if I do not receive a tax bill?
3. How do I change the name on my tax bill?
4. Should my mortgage company receive the tax bill?
5. How much are my taxes/what were the taxes last year?
6. Where can I find my 10-digit parcel ID number?
7. Can I make an online payment for taxes?
8. Can I pay my taxes by credit card?
9. Can I pay my taxes online through my bank?
10. My taxes are too high. How can I reduce the taxes?
11. What is the difference between principal residence and non-principal residence?
12. My tax bill states non-principal residence incorrectly. How do I fix it to be a principal residence?
13. How are my taxes calculated?
14. What is a Homestead Property Tax Credit?
15. How do I file for the Homestead Property Tax Credit?