The computers in the Family Homework Center have tools intended to help students and adults with research, homework, and word processing. Call Children's Services at 248-618-7692 to reserve time on these computers, or stop by on a first come-first serve basis and sign up using the Reservation Kiosk. All computer users must have a library card in order to reserve and use our computers. Computer users are allowed up to 45 minutes of time on the computers. If no one is waiting, you may continue your session for another 45 minutes. Color and black and white printing is available. Users are allowed 5 pages free a day, then each additional page is $0.25. Computers are available when the library opens and automatically shut down 15 minutes before closing time.
Below is a list of some of the homework tools we offer:
- Internet Access - Do research, check your email, shop, book a cruise, etc.
- Microsoft Word 2016 - Type papers for school or work
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 - Create slide presentations
- Microsoft Excel 2016 - A spreadsheet program
- Microsoft Publisher 2016 - Create flyers, cards and banners
- World Book Kids - Information from World Book in kid-friendly format. From the Michigan eLibrary.
- Other Online Databases - Periodical articles and other alternative sources
- Learn Typing Tutorial