Engineering Division

The Engineering division reviews new commercial development, investigates drainage issues and can assist the community with Special Assessment Districts to fund paving or sidewalks in neighborhoods.

Our engineer can be reached during office hours on Fridays at 248-618-7432.

Fill Permits
Prior to engaging in any fill work on a property, a permit must be secured and an inspection conducted to determine the effect on adjacent properties. For more information, please visit the Permits and Applications page.
Water & Storm-water Responsibilities
The Department oversees the installation of water and sewer mains, storm drains, manholes and fire hydrants. We also administer the Township's storm-water management activities. In addition, we also work closely with the Oakland County Water Resources Commission on soil erosion issues and with the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes & Energy on matters involving our lakes, rivers and wetlands. 

Special Assessment Districts
For residents wishing to petition the Road Commission of Oakland County for a Special Assessment District Paving Process for subdivisions. Visit the Road Commission website for more information about the process or call RCOC at 877-858-4804.

Drainage complaints
Please contact the Development Services office for requests to assess drainage issues, the location address or parcel ID of where the drainage problem is occurring is required.

  1. Development Services

    Physical Address
    5200 Civic Center Drive
    Waterford, MI 48329

    Fax 248-674-4097